Thursday, April 27, 2006

Purity - Joshua Harris


I think Joshua Harris' video on purity is absolutely fantastic. No matter what a person thinks of his books, this video is super. As a reminder - his 3 points are:

1. A Lifestyle of Purity respects the beauty and the sacredness of God’s plan for sex within marriage.
2.
A Lifestyle of Purity must be motivated by an awareness of God’s holiness and hatred of sin.
3.
A Lifestyle of Purity makes the purity of others a priority

A couple great thoughts he had:

Who do you want making out with your future spouse right now. When you "make out" with your date you are (probably) making out with someone else's future spouse. This is the idea that we are to guard our sister's hearts rather than be wolves and stealing them.

Homosexual sin is sin - just like heterosexual lust is sin. They are both disgusting to God.

Girls - Are you willing to give up certain things to be modest and pursue purity?

Rather than drawing a line (about what you will and won't do with your date), pursue purity. It's a totally different concept.



1 Comments:

At 6:32 PM, Blogger Andrew John Albers said...

I couldn't agree with you more Tim.
But it is very hard.
I am tempted all the time, but I try to remember the verse about us not being tempted beyond what we can bear. And that God will provide a way out.
By the way I just posted a new umm post on my blog.
Don't give up on me I remember every now and than.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home