Thursday, March 23, 2006

God is GOOD... All the Time

Have you ever had a teacher who couldn't teach their way out of a wet paper bag? Unfortunately, most of us have. I had one such teacher. The ironic part of it was that he actually taught teaching classes. Though he wasn't much for teaching, he was one of those men whose godliness oozed out of every pore. His humility and love for God were evident in everything and you couldn't help but respect him.

I remember one day after finishing lunch, I walked into that teachers class, sat down, and heard someon say to a friend as he walked in the door, "I aced that New Testament test. God is so good."

Our teacher stopped him and asked a simple question. "Would God be just as good if you'd failed that test?" I heard that question asked a lot by that teacher. I could tell you stories of his love for God and how he died of cancer and his response to getting cancer. But that's for another day.

I want to share with you a blessing of God upon my life. I was just called and told that an anonymous donor had put some money in the bank to go towards buying a van (which we are in the process of doing). God is good. Of course, obviously, God was good before this money and would be good if we hadn't received it. God is providing in so many mysterious ways.

Let his goodness lead you back to repentence (loose rendition of Romans 2:3-4ish). Let his goodness lead you to worship.

By the way, that prof also said so often that we don't have to make the Bible relevant. We can't. It IS relevant - we just have to see that relevance.

In light of that - How have you noticed God's goodness lately?

1 Comments:

At 4:13 PM, Blogger Pastor Mark said...

What an awesome reminder Tim. Thanks for sharing that thought. God has been forcing me to realize that very thing the last few months. He has often "bailed me out" in the past either financially, personally, or whatever. But recently, He hasn't come through in a "BIG" way, just lots of little ways to help us get through another day, week, month, etc.

Through that experience, I've lately been able to say that God is good, no matter what is going on in my life. I am content with what I have been given, I am content with my lot in life. God is sufficient.

Thanks for the thoughts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home