Monday, April 03, 2006

Old Friends, Great Blessings, and Missions

We've had a super time this weekend with my former Pastor and his wife here. They spoke in Church and in Sunday school, and also got to share in a Home Bible Fellowship (unplanned - but went well). We've so enjoyed our time with them. We've caught up on many parts of life and talked about new ways God is working in us. I have been so blessed by God in the places he's taken me, the ministry opportunities I've had, and the people I've gotten to know. This weekend has been a small fortaste of heaven. I should mention that they have joined with "Friends Of Israel" and will be working in Phoenix. If you need someone to talk about loving the Jewish people, they are it.

We just wired money to get a mini-van. I can hardly believe all that transpired to make this work. 4 BIG financial things happened in the last 2 months to allow us to get this van - and we knew nothing of them 2 months ago. Crazy. On top of that, I think we paid less for the van than we expected. So we are amazed by His grace.

I really think that this time in our lives, where we have to rely on God for a minivan and other such things is really preparation for the mission field. Lori even said she's open to it. So this is all crazy.

How is God's grace blowing you away? What is HE doing in your life? Are you seeing HIS blessing?

3 Comments:

At 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there Tim! Just got your email, neither Amb or I have your video. Just wanted to let you know things are going great here at UNI. I'm sooo very excited for this summer. I took the job at Okoboji Lutheran Bible Camp. It's gonna be an amazing summer, I can already tell. A little scary though since I won't know a single soul I'm working with...God's gonna make it rock though! Glad to hear that all is well for you and the family. We'll have to catch up once I'm home from school in May. God Bless, Lindsey

 
At 3:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Tim. I'm so glad things are going well for you. That makes things go well for me a little bit to...hearing God work in others lives. God's helped me focus and concentrate on what I need to get done. I also had a very nice surprise about government, which took a LOT of weight off my shoulders, so that's pretty cool. This FBLA conference should be a good one, and the washington trip should be pretty awesome too. Praise God for opportunities.

 
At 5:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Timmy! I'm super excited for the ways God is working in your life! His grace is AMAZING! Wow, God has been doing some sweet things in my life. He has brought some amazing Christian ladies into my life here at UNI. And I believe that it's by His power that we all are living in the same dorm next year. It is going to be a great way to really grow closer as friends and I think it will be an awesome opportuinity to work for the Lord! We're already planning....Anyhoo, God is good all the time and I praise Him for the gorgeous spring weather!
with love in Christ,
Amber

 

Post a Comment

<< Home