Tuesday, October 11, 2005

I'm back - hopefully for good

It's been way too long. No excuse. Just not a priority. I want it to be. It's good for me to write.

I'm at an interesting stage in life (I suppose all stages have their interesting points). I cannot guarantee any time each day that will be quiet for me to spend time alone with Jesus. Once one of my kids wakes up, I have to stop what I'm doing and spend time with them. I'm finding that my devotions are spread out over time - I start them at one point and finish them later - often it takes 2 or 3 more tries to do this. They end up being disjointed and I easily just try to hurry up and finish, rather than enjoy the pleasure of time with Jesus. I guess I could be in this stage for much of life.

We are going to be studying Titus for a number of weeks in youth group. I have some leaders who can do a great job leading this and others who can't. It makes it tough preparing for it. I hate to have a "boring" study. Of course, boring is often a charge against the listener, not the teacher or the subject.

I am starting another seminary class now - Prophets - Isaiah through Malachi. Shoudl be tough stuff. I also think the reformed view on the Old Testament is a bit hokey at times. I'm looking forward to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home