Monday, May 16, 2005

2 Sermons Down

I am exhausted. Why is it that when a Pastor leaves, the youth pastor has to do his own work plus the pastors - but when the youth pastor leaves, the Pastor doesn't do his work?

Working on sermons is taxing - especially on the spiritual end - the trusting God end. I was challenged by Piper (book) to get up a couple hours early on Sunday morning to pray over every part of teh sermon (and more) in prep. I enjoyed it. I'm very tired.

I'm ready for a break - but there isn't one in site. I'm excited to be doing stuff for the public school again. I get to spend 2 hours plus with a bunch of them - just doing fun stuff. What a neat opportunity. This is the second year to do this. It's a wonderful opportunity. Some of the students coming to youth group now first got to know me there.

no real questions

2 Comments:

At 5:30 PM, Blogger morgan said...

I think that Mark was showing that Jesus was a servant and his focus was not Peter in this respect, but the role of the servant, not a King.
What you think?

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger matt said...

your blogging career didn't last long . . . I miss your thoughts

 

Post a Comment

<< Home