Saturday, May 06, 2023

Pathways Trip To Rwanda - May 2023- For Praying Friends

Please pray for us. 

I'm very excited to finally be heading out on another Pathways trip to Africa. I haven't been since Covid started. We'll be leaving on May 12 and returning on May 19.  I'll be flying with my long time ministry partner, John Nett. This will be my first time in Rwanda. (pic to the right is a Pathways trip I took to Zambia)


What is Pathways? 

A quick summary and then some links that might be helpful.

Pathways is a 3 year (3 times a year for a week of training) program that is attempting to train all the untrained pastors in the world (a few million pastors with an average of a 6th grade education and no Bible training). Sounds impossible. 

2 Pastors from America go overseas for a week together (usually Monday - Thursday training) to help pastors there to learn how to study, apply, and teach the Bible to other pastors who are to do the same thing.  It's multiplication.  It's a ministry of the Evangelical Free Church but we work with all sorts of groups. I think it's the best bang for the buck there is.


Some Links That Explain More

Great Explanation With Details

Main EFCA Site


PRAY

My hope is for prayer.  I don't want to limit your prayers so I give plenty of details.  I hope to update prayer requests daily as we head out on the trip.  

- Pray for our hearts to be ready and for us to walk by the Spirit

- Pray for the right pastors to show up and to come ready

- Pray for unity and a humble, teachable spirit in all of us (me too)

- Pray that they would catch the vision for multiplication

- Logistics and prep prayer is needed too

- This is the first of the 9 trainings - so we are setting precedent - pray for this endeavor



Some Logisitical Details You might Be interested in

John and I fly out of Des Moines on Friday, May 12.

We land Saturday evening in Kigali, Rwanda.

Sunday morning at 6 we take a bus up to Musanze to preach in separate churches.

Monday - Wednesday we train from 9 am to 4:30 pm (plus travel and prep and such).

Thursday starts of normal, but we end around noon to take a bus back to Kigali to get on a plane. 

Friday night we arrive again in Des Moines.

God willing...


If you have questions or want to pray on the phone, I'd love you to contact me.  I'm pretty passionate about this stuff and excited that God lets me do it.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home