Sunday, October 06, 2019

Pray For My Pathways Training Trip To The Ivory Coast

Some brothers and sisters from our Spanish Speaking Worship Service prayed for this trip tonight.  




*********************************
I am hoping quite a few of my friends will join in praying for this trip.  This is where I plan to update most specifically on prayer needs.  I rarely use this the rest of the year so I'm not trying to drum up a great following on my nearly dead blog.  Comments are welcome, just to know you are praying, but no need to ever comment.

A Few Details

I head to Abidjan, Ivory Coast this Friday afternoon to join Eric Belz in doing another Pathways training there.  Our training this time is on the Salvation Story and how we teach God's Word using the Salvation Story to guide us (not the best wording but it's what I have now).  I leave on Friday and return the following Friday so it's a quick trip.

Pathways Training Explained
It is a missions arm of the Evangelical Free Church which is trying to train the millions of untrained pastors in the world (average of a 6th grade education with no formal Bible training).  It is a multiplication movement - we train about 15 lead pastors who then each go and train about that many more in the 4 months we are gone (those they train are to pass it on as well) and then we do more training.  We simply use God's word to teach them to study, apply, and teach God's Word.  It's mostly about Bible Study - and nothing new and crazy.  I always leave wanting to study God's Word better and to teach and apply it better.  Most trainings with translation last 4 days.  It really is an amazing method.  Here is a link that explains it a bit better.   This training will be in French (in the pic, I was prayed for in Spanish.  Love the "multi-flavors" of the Body of Christ).


Some Ways To Pray Now
-  That these Pastors would be passing on the training well to pastors who are passing it on (multiplication)
-  That this new material would be grasped well and they would be greatly encouraged by our visit
-  For a supernatural unity as we struggle through God's Word together.
-  For joy, peace, and love for my family as they go a week without me
-  For a lot of preparation and details to be accomplished well this week.
-  For the obvious, but important, travel issues - safety, health, strength, sleep, and a place to stay (we don't know the plans yet - so I think we'll find out when we get there - hotel, house, other???)
-  For my partner and leader, Eric Belz, who has been sick and is doing Pathways training in Kenya hopefully not getting sicker.


I will add more requests as the next 12 days unfold.  I'll have more requests here than are on Facebook
.
Ponder Anew What the Almighty Can do since he has befriended us with His love!


Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 5:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks, Tim! We are praying.
Dad & Mom

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger lsks said...

We have been and will continue to pray for your mission, and for your family at home. Ken & Lene

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger Indiana Steve said...

Thanks Tim, I will be praying right now and then again as you cross my mind. So glad to know that you are still innovating and fired up for Jesus.

 
At 6:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Been praying and will continue to pray. Ivana

 

Post a Comment

<< Home