Monday, October 14, 2019

Monday Recap for Tuesday Prayer

Prayer Requests First


PRAY
  • That we can move at a good pace through the material and that they'll understand it. 
  • For me as I guide us through many lessons tomorrow - some of them are challenging for me. 
  • For unity and oneness and patience through these long days. 
  • For us as guests, that we would be good guests and know how to live cross-culturally. o
  • r me as I prepare to preach on Wednesday night. 


We had a good day today.  Only 10 students and I think we hoped for 13ish.  We got off to a very slow start for various reasons and we are a lesson behind.  Overall it was a good day. 

In some ways this is the hardest thing we teach (The Bible Salvation Story and how our text fits into it and how it helps us understand our text and how to apply it).  So the first day there is a ton of reading and not as much hands on practice. Tomorrow we have more hands on stuff and also the presentations (in some was the best part of the training and the most important part). 

After the training we stopped and got cash (be thankful for how easy it is in America, though I suppose if you had CFA cash it would be a bit challenging to get American dollars).  We give a donation to help cover our costs at the end and we bought some other things. 

After that we went home and did what we had to do and such.  I worked on my lessons and got some help from Eric. 

I also had fun playing with the kids (especially the 9 year old and 13 year old).  We talked a bit about homework. It was fun seeing the 9 year old already writing in her diary/notebook I gave her. 

Tomorrow needs to be a big day.  We are trying to start earlier and we hope to get a lot done. 

I believe we are taking the family out to eat tomorrow night as well as a thank you.  We'll see how that goes. 

We were given some freshly roasted peanuts today and they really hit the spot.  There is also tons of great kinds of French Bread and such here. 

Good day. I look forward to tomorrow.


My data reception isn't good enough to post pictures.

2 Comments:

At 10:14 PM, Blogger Chelsea Bell said...

Praying for you, Tim!

 
At 9:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for you Pastor Tim!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home