Thursday, February 21, 2008

Favorite New Song - Glorious Day - by Todd Agnew

Glorious Day by Todd Agnew. I listen to it here.

I rarely listen to our local Christian station, but yesterday morning I thought I wanted to listen to some music and decided to see what they had playing (usually it's not my favorite music). Glorious Day was playing - and it's really an old hymn - One Day - that I new growing up. The words are the Gospel story - well done. Todd Agnew breathes great life and passion in this new music he put to them. I chorded it out (simply - probably needs slight tweaking) too. I am going to put that below. I don't think I am allowed to put lyrics with the chords. So you can look them up via a google search for Todd Agnew lyrics to Glorious Day or however you choose. It's worth listening to. I think we may try to use it in youth group in Church. Somehow it has ear candy that really grabs me - and the lyrics and music fit so well.

Glorious Day - Sung By Todd Agnew

Michael Bleeker - 2006 Bleeker Publishing - Music
Words by J. Wilbur Chapman (originally titled “One Day”)

Ino Records / 2007

As a hymn, was copyrighted 1977 by Integrity
It’s in the Key of D – He starts singing with no musical intro – and comes in with the guitar on the G

Verse
G D/F#
G D (or D/F#)
G D/F#
G D
Chorus
G D/F#
G Em
D/F# G
A D

Interlude:
G
D G D ????

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your favorite sister likes it, too! :)

 
At 1:19 AM, Blogger Michael said...

I know this is an older post, but if you were interested in how it's played, you can go here: http://fm.thevillagechurch.net/blog/worship/

I hope it's helpful!
Michael Bleecker

 

Post a Comment

<< Home