Tuesday, August 21, 2007

School Starts For My Son


My little baby boy (he's 5 now) starts Kindergarten tomorrow. He went to preschool last year (but only 3 days a week and only for 2.5 hours a day). Kindergarten is all day, 5 days a week, at a building that has 8th graders in it. It's hard for me to put my child there. I'm excited for him and I think he has a great teacher (we've been told that by friends). I won't see him at lunch time. I won't have as much influence on him as before (at least not in terms of time spent with him).

I don't doubt God's sovereignty. It's just a scary thing for this dad. I'm sure I'll shed a tear or two tomorrow when I send him into the lion's den.

I don't have a lot of deep thoughts. That's just what's on my heart now.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 11:58 AM, Blogger voni said...

God is so big and so powerful!!!! I echo your concern about the Lions Den. I have prayed much for Ben and for Emma. May there little light shine so bright that when people will see their lives and they glorify God in Heaven.

 
At 8:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tim,

There is absolutely no doubt that Benjamin is the most amazing five-year-old I've ever known. I can foresee him doing so well in school...most likely better than I did. My only recollection of kindegarten is chocolate cupcakes and gerbils. Hopefully his is better. Much love!

Praying,
Tracey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home