Thursday, July 05, 2007

Preaching again... the 10th Commandment (Don't Covet)

I am preaching again - 2 weeks in a row. I was gone on Monday and Tuesday driving to Wood, SD and back. Wednesday was family and fireworks, and now I'm back in the office (bulletins, sermon, worship, interruptions, and such). Pray for me.

I'm excited to preach on the 10th commandment. I don't feel like I'm doing a great job - and honestly, I don't think I'm doing well in applying it to my life. The biggest point - Don't Covet teaches that we are not to be satisfied with stuff, but we are to be satisfied with God. "God is most glorified when I am most satisfied in Him" (Piper).

It's a great thing to preach on, but I'm finding it hard to do it justice.

2 Comments:

At 7:26 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

God's grace to you bro. Who is adequate for these things?

Hope your trip was good.

 
At 4:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tracey was here...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home