Monday, November 13, 2006

Worship through Music

Musical worship is such a hot issue. I just went through and made a chart of every song our church has done in the last 6 months, and the dates we've done them. Some say too many new songs, others say too many hymns. We've done 2 new songs in 6 months (none too many in my book), and 30% of our songs have been hymns.

I have led worship once every 3 weeks with our "youth band" (that simply means our high school students who play an instrument or will sing up front) for a couple years now. They are going at it without me now (and yesterday was their first day without me). They are doing a fantastic job - I don't know why I didn't let them do it alone sooner.

Here are the top 25 songs according to CCLI (the copyright licensing place that churches use and report to). The list comes out twice a year, and this is the new one. You can access this list and check out the top 25 songs for different countries here. WHAT ARE YOUR TOP 3 OR 5 SONGS?

1

Here I Am To Worship

Hughes, Tim

2

How Great Is Our God

Tomlin, Chris \ Reeves, Jesse \ Cash, Ed

3

Blessed Be Your Name

Redman, Beth \ Redman, Matt

4

Open The Eyes Of My Heart

Baloche, Paul

5

Come Now Is The Time To Worship

Doerksen, Brian

6

Shout To The Lord

Zschech, Darlene

7

Forever

Tomlin, Chris

8

You Are My King

Foote, Billy

9

Lord I Lift Your Name On High

Founds, Rick

10

Holy Is The Lord

Tomlin, Chris \ Giglio, Louie

11

God Of Wonders

Byrd, Marc \ Hindalong, Steve

12

Breathe

Barnett, Marie

13

You're Worthy Of My Praise

Ruis, David

14

Trading My Sorrows

Evans, Darrell

15

We Fall Down

Tomlin, Chris

16

The Heart Of Worship

Redman, Matt

17

You Are My All In All

Jernigan, Dennis

18

I Give You My Heart

Morgan, Reuben

19

Draw Me Close

Carpenter, Kelly

20

Above All

LeBlanc, Lenny \ Baloche, Paul

21

Better Is One Day

Redman, Matt

22

Lord Reign In Me

Brown, Brenton

23

Beautiful One

Hughes, Tim

24

Days Of Elijah

Mark, Robin

25

Give Thanks

Smith, Henry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home