Monday, October 23, 2006

Christian Concert - ministry, money, or combo?

I'm taking some students (and my son) to the upcoming Chris Tomlin Concert. It should be a blast. I really think he has some great worship stuff and I'm looking forward to it. I just purchased the tickets and a part of me is sick. I'm sure there are many expenses and such, but $25 a ticket (plus ticketmaster's huge cut) is a bit much. It's hard to fathom how much he must make per concert. Is this very impressive show truly a ministry, or is it just a show? Even if I worship during it (shouldn't I always be worshiping), does that justify it? How much can you make per concert as a Christian doing Christian music and still call it ministry (or what criteria determines if it is ministry)?

2 Comments:

At 12:03 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I often wonder the same thing too. I am not really sure, however, who is to blame. Is it the venue, the management agency, the artist that costs so much? Are they trying to make a big profit? Or are they overcharging us so they can do free or low priced events elsewhere? Maybe there is a large portion of those going to this concert that paid nothing. Just some of the thoughts I go through when I see an event like this that costs quite a bit.

BTW - Carrie and I are going with some people from our church. Maybe we'll see you there!

 
At 7:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tracey was here

 

Post a Comment

<< Home