Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Day of Birth vs. Day of Death


Which is better - the day of your birth or the day of your death?

I was reading in devotions yesterday morning from Ecclesiastes (one of 4 books I read) and came across the following verses.

1A good name is better than precious ointment,
and the day of death than the day of birth.
2It is better to go to the house of mourning
than to go to the house of feasting,
for this is the end of all mankind,
and the living will lay it to heart.

The second part of verse one caught my eye and I began to think on it. Then I found out that my wife's great uncle had died that morning. God is always so random - that a Bible verse would relate to an uncle's death (what a lucky God we serve). Ok - so God isn't so lucky - I believe in providence, not coincidence.

Teach us to number our days. Let us think about death and take it to heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home