Monday, August 28, 2006

Benjamin's First Day Of School! - Dad's Perspective



Being a dad has its incredible moments. It's more than the icing on the cake in marriage. I love it. I'm so discouraged by how few fathers are enthralled with their children. But I am rambling off topic.

Benjamin is at school - first day of pre-school. This is tough for me. We agonized over the decision to send him to the public school or not. I really feel like I've put him into a spiritual lion's den - and I pray that God keeps the lions mouth's shut. He can do it.

More than learning the reading, writing, and
arithmetic; more than learning to play with other kids; more than learning to respect and obey those in authority; more than learning about creativity and art; I want my boy to have a heart that is being bent towards Jesus. I fear for a hardening of his heart.

But I know my God is a big God. I know He is good. I know He is sovereign. I will try to rest in that. Pray for my boy (and his mommy and daddy). I pray this new way of life forces me to be more passionate for Jesus - and for my children's spiritual well-being.

3 Comments:

At 11:07 AM, Blogger voni said...

Hard to believe that our kids are growing up this fast. Your sending your first I'm sending my last. I wonder if a healthy fear keeps us on our knees entrusting our children to the Almighty.
Check out this post. I found this lady through Christain woman on line. She has been such an encouragemen to me. She has done homeschooling and public schooling and has five children. preschool through into teen. http://raisingfive.blogspot.com/2006/08/shelter-is-not-place.html

Psalm 121

"I will lift up my eyes to the hills—
From whence comes my help?
My help comes from the LORD, Who made heaven and earth.
He will not allow your foot to be moved;
He who keeps you will not slumber.
Behold, He who keeps Israel
Shall neither slumber nor sleep.
The LORD is your keeper;
The LORD is your shade at your right hand.
The sun shall not strike you by day,
Nor the moon by night.
The LORD shall preserve you from all evil;
He shall preserve your soul.
The LORD shall preserve your going out and your coming in
From this time forth, and even forevermore. "

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger voni said...

Okey, that didn't work well Here is the link http://raisingfive.blogspot.com/
Then clik on Shelter is not a place under favorite post.

 
At 6:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tim, I am always praying for your family. Benjamin is pretty much the most amazing little boy I know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home