Monday, November 06, 2006

I Love the NFL - but not the same

I've been an NFL fan for quite a while. I love my Minnesota Vikings. I've cheered for them every season since I can remember - and many of them aint' been pretty.

I'm not sure why, but things have changed for me when it comes to the Vikings. I love them as much as ever, but how they are doing doesn't affect me much. I used to be frustrated for quite a while after a game - I could be down for a few hours. I think my saddness lasts about 30 seconds now. Praise the Lord.

I must say that the disgust with the Vikings over having no offense against the worst defense in football was easily overshadowed by watching the "Mighty" Bears fall on their faces to the Dolphins - Oh what joy his mine.

Here is an ode from Scripture.
12"How you are fallen from heaven,
O Day Star, son of Dawn!
How you are cut down to the ground,
you who laid the nations low!
13You said in your heart,
'I will ascend to heaven;
above the stars of God
I will set my throne on high;
I will sit on the mount of assembly
in the far reaches of the north;[a]
14I will ascend above the heights of the clouds;
I will make myself like the Most High.'
15But you are brought down to Sheol,
to the far reaches of the pit.

1 Comments:

At 10:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice!!! Great comment, Tim. What joy it was, indeed. Ha. In your face, Bears.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home