Wednesday, March 05, 2008

This is not a Postmodern Age

I just heard William Lane Craig (EFCA - Central District Conference in Des Moines) make the statement that we do not live in a postmodern age. Rather, we still are in the modern age (science and technology are what we firmly hope in), but we lack the intelligence of former years - so we have a dumbed-down society. I don't want to put words in his mouth - but I have been thinking thoughts along these lines. He did blame youth pastors for propagating this "postmodern" myth in the Church (and he is speaking especially of the Emergent group). I find all this fascinating and hope to think more on it.

I've been simply arguing that if we are postmodern, it won't last long, because it's a bankrupt way to live - and you really can't live it out. If you accidentally eat rat poison, you better hope the words on the label actually have meaning /truth.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home