Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Last Minute Preaching

My pastor called me Saturday morning and said he was puking and I was preaching on Sunday. So I went in Saturday afternoon to work on a sermon - without a clue what it would be on. I ended up preaching on "Why I Love The Word Of God." It was a simple sermon - with many points. I really enjoyed working on it and preaching on it. Since we had a small crowd (35ish), it was nice and informal. I actually did Bible Sword Drills for each verse (which was fun).

I ended up leading worship - and I had to work on my driveway at 6:00 a.m. so I could get out. It was an eventful morning - but good. I can hardly explain the simple joy from being with God's people on Sunday morning at our local place of worship. It was wonderful.

Youth Group is off tonight - bad weather - so I'm going to enjoy time with the fam - and maybe a few friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home