Thursday, December 29, 2011

Tickets Purchased - Visa App on the way - Money in and out


We just got back from a wonderful Christmas weekend (and vacation) with my family (parents, siblings and spouses and kid). Going into the weekend I didn't have my Visa stuff already - I was mostly waiting on ticketing info which you need to get a visa.

Last night I purchased that (thanks David L at Best Mission Travel) so now I am sending in my Visa application. The total costs for both of our tickets was around $3250 - I didn't see the two ticket prices added together, but that should be within $50).

So that is money out... but money in - God provided another $400 over Christmas break - so we have somehow received a total of $1200 so far. Note the line at the very bottom of this note.

I would love to get a group of people who would commit to pray for me (and my family) for the 14 days I'm gone. February 2-16. (FYI - I am a bit fearful to post too much info on here - thankfully my in-laws will be hanging with the Fam - and of course, God is sovereign).

UPDATED PRAYER REQUESTS
Pray that the Visas would get processed quickly
Pray for the leadership at RFIS that they would select the topic for me soon and that it would be perfect
Pray for me as I prep for speaking - whenever I get the info.Pray for people to commit to praying for me (25 would be great)
Pray for money to come in - I'm humbled by all that has come in already - and we expect to spend some of our own money - but I won't lie - we are praying that God provides in big ways.
Pray for Benjamin - that God would be shaping his heart and life through this trip
Pray that this trip would also be great for our whole family
Make Joachim's quote a prod to pray big too (be prodded to pray for me and for yourself)

"Ponder anew what the Almighty can do, if with His love He befriend thee." - Joachim Neander.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home