Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Family Update



All is reasonably well on the home front. We have our good and not-so-good days. Yesterday Lori forgot to put Jonathan down for his last nap of the day- so bad day. But, we've had some great fun together as well.

Elise has been behind in talking, and we've had some ladies from the AEA watching her - and they say that her comprehension is very good and we've seen real improvement in her speech. She is a silly girl - lots of fun - when she isn't whining or being way too strong-willed. She has an incredible smile and is so cute.

Jonathan has been the spit-up machine lately. We hope it's because of a cold and teething and such - rather than a trend. I think the last few days have been better. He's rolling over well and can sit up for 20 seconds or so without falling over. He just loves people and attention. He loves to laugh and smile.

Benjamin is doing well in school. He likes to learn and so we like to sneak in some teaching. I've been trying to work with him on addition - carrying the one. This morning we were talking about solids, liquids, and gasses. I hope my facts were correct - I guess he's got a grandpa or two that can set him straight if I was off on anything. He just loves sports - especially football. He plays his own version of football every day - many times. He also sorts those football cards.

Now that Jonathan is sleeping through the night, Lori and I are at least contemplating getting back on track with life. Sleep is an amazing thing. It's awesome to be married to such an amazing woman. She is definitely the better half of this marriage.

Life is going to get busy soon. We've got a number of friends coming to see us in the next few weeks - and some big youth stuff going on. It's all good, though.

I've been keeping a notebook just to write everything in (journal, devotions, ideas, prayer requests, quotes, etc...). I haven't done that for a long time and I'm really enjoying it. I'm not sure why I ever got away from it.

Merry Christmas to all! God is with us - Emmanuel.

2 Comments:

At 9:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tracey was here.

 
At 8:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Tim! I'm glad I found this site from a newsletter you sent out! It's good to hear your thoughts and what's going on with your family. I miss you guys, much love and prayers in the new year.
Bethany

 

Post a Comment

<< Home