Thursday, February 23, 2006

Youth Group Thoughts / Questions

Justin did a great job teaching last night - again - on Muslims and Christianity. What a great conclusion - the importance of God's Word.

I don't normally give out paper with basic points on it to help people take notes, but I think I should. Justin's been doing that. I guess I don't do it because I often think that the few students who really want to learn (horrible presupposition on my part) will either bring their own paper or don't like taking notes. I need to do it, though - to at least give each student a shot at taking notes - and learning more - and having something to look back on. So, Justin has inspired me. Go Justin!

I often am afraid to aim too high - and I can't always aim way high. But... I need to teach a long time at times (if I think it necessary) and go deeper - even if I lose some. It's just a tough balance.

These are random thoughts. What are your thoughts on such things?

There are other issues - I get studenst one hour a week or maybe two, compared to school and coaches. It's a rough go. And at school, repetition is so key - and so I have that issue facing me too. On top of all this, I can't test (at least not so that they felt compelled to learn it because of a test) to make sure they spend time learning it.

Still, it all comes down to God at work in hearts - not me. I can pray. That needs to be my focus.

3 Comments:

At 11:09 AM, Blogger Andrew John Albers said...

I think you giving us a chance to take notes is awsome. But I often find after school all day taking notes on about anything is the last thing I want to do. I need to be more disaplined because I know that when I take notes I lean alot more. Thanks for chanlleing me.

Andy

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger matt said...

I think notes are helpful at times and burdensome . . . helpful, huh.

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger matt said...

thanks for a great weekend

 

Post a Comment

<< Home