Thursday, August 08, 2024

Ready, set, go

We are off (Damian Peasley is my partner) .  We fly out of Des Moines at least. Chicago is quick. Then a while in Newark.  Tye to Brussels and finally to Kigali - Friday evening.  They are 7 hours ahead of us. 

I'm hoping to buy a case of Bibles while there for the pastors.  It's a long story but Bibles have really gone up in price. 

Another interesting twist is that a week ago the govejernment decided to close religious buildings that weren't safe (mosques and churches).. Safe meaning a variety of things from structure, to permits, to qualified pastors.  Our leader there told us his church and many others in the area did not meet on Sunday.  I know nothing of the politics and will not guess.  We are continuing and can't wait to get to training.

I'm so thankful for this chance to share my love of studying God's Word with people from a continent I love. 

Top prayer requests for today 
Travel mercies 
Good prep time together as we travel 
For each pastor involved in the training that thy will be able to join us and for refreshment and encouragement for them today to prepare them for our time together. 
Blessing For my wife and family at home 

Texts are free for me.  I'd love to hear from y'all. 

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home