Tuesday, March 25, 2008

March Madness Brackets take the heart out of Basketball

I must confess that I have never been a big college sports fan, though I do love some professional sports. Since I now live in a state bereft of professional sports, I am trying to teach myself to enjoy college sports. I should mention that I married into a Hawkeye family and that we don't have cable, so there are many games I can't see and I don't get the great highlights that ESPN gives.
I filled out my brackets this year online (I have filled them out one other time, but really didn't watch them closely - and was in no competition). 22 of my friends from facebook are also doing it. What I've found is that I can't just root for the team I want to win, but end up torn - though I want certain teams to win, they aren't down to win on my bracket - so I can't really cheer for them. I don't like that. If I wasn't doing reasonably well (among my facebook friends - I'm tied for 3rd) , I really wouldn't enjoy it. I'm not sure I'll fill out brackets again.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home