Wednesday, January 25, 2006

EFCA Statement of Faith and Grace

I want to apologize for my lack of grace in what I first wrote. I intended to be full of grace and my view of the truth, but I'm afraid only the grace was hard to find. I want to be clear that I am often wrong (ask my wife) and freely admit it. I'm sure there is tons of info I don't have.

I think I implied that those doing this may have bad or wrong motives. That is a foolish thought. Even more, that is a wrong and sinful thought. Not that men in leadership don't sin, but I am sure that they have humbly prayed much over this issue.

Accept my apology. Extinguish the torches. I'm still highly skeptical and have more questions and thoughts, but I hold no corner on truth.

Soli Deo Gloria

2 Comments:

At 11:57 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Honesty is comparatively more valuable than diplomacy, Tim.

The challenging issue for me is to think through why pre-millennialism deserves to remain as a doctrinal standard, when we don't know any positions on Calvinism/Arminianism (a duality that is just as important for what we believe), or Dispensationalism/Covenant Theology.

Jack

www.newcovenantliving.blogspot.com

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Sean Dennis said...

I'm with you. I'm sure that the leaders of the denomination have spent many hours on their knees before God about the proposed changes, and we must do the same. Nevertheless, we have a responsibility to ask questions.

Many doctors have taken the hippocratic oath and have taken it seriously but have prescribed the wrong medication to patients. Good intentions on the part of our solid leadership does not negate our responsibility to seek out answers to questions that must be asked.

At times it is difficult to ask these questions in a charitable manner. It is difficult to not feel put on the defensive in regard to some of the proposed changes. By God's grace I hope we can have these necessary conversations and still love one another as brothers and sisters in Christ.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home